Emotiva BasX PT1 Stereo Preamplifier/DAC/Tuner
Couldn't load pickup availability
Free & Next-Day Delivery Available
Hassle-Free Returns Within 30 Days
The BasX PT1 enables you to experience the flexibility and superb sound quality you can achieve with separate audiophile components at a surprisingly affordable price. The PT1 is a high performance stereo preamplifier, which includes a stereo FM tuner, inputs for line level analog sources, a built-in DAC with plenty of digital inputs for all of your digital audio sources, including a high-resolution asynchronous USB input and a built-in AptX HD capable Bluetooth receiver, and a high performance phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges. The PT1 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the PT1 simple to configure and operate, and the large bright blue VFD display on the front panel is easy to read, and shows you exactly what's going on at all times. Match the PT1 with a power amplifier and a pair of speakers for a great sounding stereo system, or use the built-in active crossover to add a separate powered subwoofer to create an audiophile quality 2.1 channel system.
The new BasX PT1 builds on the legacy of our ground breaking PT-100 preamp/tuner/DAC to bring you the next step in the evolution of affordable audiophile components. The PT1 features upgraded electronics, a streamlined menu system that allows you to tune and program FM stations directly from the remote control, and a sleeker more modern design aesthetic. If you've been waiting to experience the flexibility and performance of separate components then now is the time.
Sound Quality First
- Highly optimized circuit layout ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Analog inputs on the BasX PT1 follow a pure analog signal path and are never converted into the digital domain. All switching, Volume control, and Tone control in the PT1 is accomplished in the analog domain.
- Precision digital conversion on all digital inputs is provided by the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192k DAC.
- The built-in high sensitivity FM tuner features 15 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
Flexible Input And Output Options
- A full complement of analog inputs, including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- A full complement of digital inputs, including one USB input, one coax S/PDIF input, and one optical S/PDIF input (Toslink), all support sample rates and bit depths up to 24/192. The built-in high-performance Bluetooth receiver supports Bluetooth 5 and both AptX and AAC.
- An independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
- For a high quality two-channel system, simply connect the main full-range stereo outputs on the PT1 to a separate high quality stereo power amp and a good pair of speakers, or to the inputs on a pair of powered monitors.
- For use in a high-performance 2.1 channel system, the PT1 includes separate outputs for the main speakers and a powered subwoofer, with a fixed 90 Hz crossover frequency, and active 12 dB / octave Linkwitz-Riley high-pass and low-pass filters.
Controls That Are Both Convenient And Familiar
- A large easy to read blue VFD display gives you all the information you need about how your BasX PT1 is configured, and can be fully dimmed for intimate listening. The flexible menu system offers easy access to all important features and makes menu navigation a breeze.
- The front panel on the PT1 features a familiar Volume Control knob but now with precision crafted knurling and soft blue glow from the crescent shaped active light, or you can control the output level from your favorite chair using the convenient remote control. The unique Balance control on the PT1 simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant when you make delicate adjustments.
- The intelligent Volume control in the PT1 remembers the levels you set on the headphone output and main outputs independently, ensuring that you won't get any surprises when connecting and disconnecting your headphones.
- Bass and Treble controls provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- The FM Tuner in the PT1 allows you to tune FM stations manually or easily assign your favorite stations to any of the convenient channel presets.
- All of the features on the PT1 can be operated from the front panel controls or from the included full-function infrared remote control.
Great Sound: Now And For Years To Come
- The BasX PT1 features a heavy steel 2RU chassis, and a solid milled aluminum front panel, for rugged good looks.
- Top quality construction throughout, including double-sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes, and SMD construction in critical locations, ensures that the PT1 will provide you with a long life of trouble free service.
- Our full three year warranty ensures that you'll be able to enjoy your PT1 for years to come.
Universal Line Voltage Operation
- The BasX PT1 has a universal-voltage power supply that can operate on any voltage from 100 VAC to 240 VAC and will automatically configure itself to match your local line voltage.
|Analogue Inputs||x 2 pairs stereo analogue line level inputs|
|x 1 pair Stereo phono inputs (Switchable; moving magnet or moving coil)|
|x 1 Tuner - FM (with external antenna input; 15 station presets)|
|Digital Inputs||x 1 - digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k|
|x 1 - digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k|
|x 1 - digital USB (DAC input); 24/192k|
|x 1 - Bluetooth receiver (Bluetooth 5, with AptX, AptX HD, and AAC support, antenna included)|
|Outputs||x 1 pair - stereo full range main outputs|
|x 1 pair - stereo high-pass outputs; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley high-pass filter|
|x 1 - subwoofer output; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley low-pass filter|
|x 1 - high performance stereo headphone output|
|Analogue Performance (Line Level)||Maximum output level: 4 VRMS.|
|Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.|
|THD+noise: IMD: S/N ratio: > 120 dB.|
|Analogue Performance (Phono)||Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.|
|THD+noise: S/N ratio: > 78 dB (ref 5 mV; MM); > 58 dB (ref 0.5 mV; MC).|
|Gain (ref unity gain on main outputs at 1 kHz): 44 dB (MM); 55 dB (MC).|
|Analogue Performance (Headphone)||Power Output: 8 Ohms: 23 mW / channel.|
|33 Ohms: 90 mW / channel.|
|47 Ohms: 127 mW / channel.|
|150 Ohms: 145 mW / channel.|
|300 Ohms: 114 mW / channel.|
|600 Ohms: 75 mW / channel.|
|Digital Performance||Frequency response: 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).|
|5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).|
|THD+noise: IMD: S/N ratio: > 110 dB ref rated output.|
|Trigger||12VDC trigger output|
|Power Requirements||Universal SMPS accepting between 100 VAC and 240 VAC|
|General||Dimensions: 17” wide x 2-5/8” high x 12-1/2” deep (unboxed; without connectors).|
|21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).|
|Weight: 9 lbs (unboxed).|
|14 lbs (boxed).|
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.