Emotiva BasX A2 Stereo Power Amplifier
Couldn't load pickup availability
Free & Next-Day Delivery Available
Hassle-Free Returns Within 30 Days
The BasX A2 the ideal amplifier to serve as the foundation of a great sounding stereo system, to power the front main speakers on a surround sound system, or to upgrade the front left and right channels of your favorite surround sound receiver.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design, and a highly optimized input stage, lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout deliver years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards, with plated-through holes, help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Auto-On input sensing
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A2 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A2 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
Stylish New Look
- Our redesigned front panel gives the new BasX A2 a sleek modern aesthetic that fits well with virtually any room dÃ©cor.
Strong Yet Silent System Protection
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- Full three-year warranty ensures that you'll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.
|Power Output (Two Channels Driven)||50 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms.|
|90 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms.|
|Power Output (Headphone Output; Normal Mode)||8 Ohms: 60 mW / channel|
|33 Ohms: 200 mW / channel|
|47 Ohms: 250 mW / channel|
|150 Ohms: 430 mW / channel|
|300 Ohms: 440 mW / channel|
|600 Ohms: 350 mW / channel|
|Power Output (Headphone Output; Direct Drive Mode)||8 Ohms: 50 watts / channel|
|33 Ohms: 12 watts / channel|
|47 Ohms: 8.5 watts / channel|
|150 Ohms: 2.6 watts / channel|
|300 Ohms: 1.3 watts / channel|
|600 Ohms: 0.6 watts / channel|
|Power Bandwidth (at Rated Power; 8 Ohm Load)||20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.07 dB).|
|Broad Band Frequency Response||10 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB.|
|THD + Noise||112 dB; ref rated power; (A-weighted).|
|Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (Per Channel)||4 Ohms (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).|
|Damping Factor (8 Ohm Load)||> 500.|
|Input Sensitivity (for Rated Power; 8 Ohm Load)||Fixed Gain Mode: 0.7 V / 29 dB.|
|Variable Gain Mode: 0.5 V / up to 32 dB.|
|Input Impedance||27 kOhms.|
|Input and Output Connections||Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one each per channel.|
|Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade 5-way binding posts.|
|Headphone Output (Front Panel): Full-sized ¼” stereo headphone jack.|
|Trigger||Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.|
|Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.|
|Power Requirements||Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).|
|Front Panel Controls and Indicators||Standby: Push button.|
|Status LEDs: One per channel; blue. (Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.)|
|Standby LED: Amber.|
|Rear Panel Controls||AC Power Switch: Slide switch selects between On and Auto-On modes.|
|Gain Switch: Slide switch selects between Variable Gain and Fixed Gain modes.|
|Internal Settings||Type: One pair of internal jumpers which can be used to bypass the series dropping resistors to enable full output power to be routed directly to the headphone output (shipped with jumpers OFF).|
|Protection||The BasX A6 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.|
|Dimensions||Dimensions: 209.5mm wide x 76.2 high x 362mm deep (not including connectors).|
|Weight||Weight (Unboxed): 3.4kg|
|Weight (Boxed): 4.8kg|
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.