Art Pro Audio Tube MP/C E4 Preamplifier
Couldn't load pickup availability
Free & Next-Day Delivery Available
Hassle-Free Returns Within 30 Days
The Tube MP/C (Preamplifier/Compressor) is a multi-purpose tool for audio engineering and recording. Two independent circuits featuring a tube-based analogue preamplifier and a VCA-less compressor with optical gain reduction control are housed in one, convenient desk-top chassis.
Used as a mic/line preamp or as a DI (direct) box, the Tube MP/C is designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, or electronic instrument setup. A R T's Tube MP/C circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the latest, most advanced, solid-state and tube technology.
The preamplifier's active balanced solid-state input provides extremely low noise and excellent common mode rejection. The ¼-inch high impedance input prevents loading of any connected device making the Tube MP/C perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamplifier's second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20dB of gain.
The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.
Optional ART SM1 stand mount securely attaches the Tube MP/C to any microphone stand for live stage or studio applications is available.
- Frequency Response:30 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1 dB balanced output, 20 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1dB 1/4â€³ output
- Total Harmonic Distortion:CMMR: > 60 dB @ max gain
- Equivalent Input Noise:-128dBu typical (A wtd., Shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ max)
- Input Impedance:1M Î© 1/4â€³ input, 5K Î© XLR input
- Input/Output Connections Input:XLR balanced or 1/4â€³ balanced. Output: 1/4â€³ unbalanced XLR balanced, transformer isolated.
- Maximum Gain:+80 dB (balanced in-out, +64dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- Maximum Input Level:unbalanced (Inst): +15 dBu, balanced (mic): +10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level:+19 dBu (Line mode)
- Output Impedance XLR:Low Cut Filter :-3 dB @ 70 Hz, 6dB/Octave
- Phantom Power:Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited
- Chassis Type:All aluminium black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power Requirements:9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Attack Time:Release Time: 150ms (fast), 20ms - 3s Program dependant (Auto)
- Tube Type:Hand selected 12AX7a
- Compressor Slope:2:1 (Comp.) / 11:1 (Limit)
- Dimensions:75â€³H x 5.9â€³ W x 6.5â€³ D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight:9 lbs (1.32 kg)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.